|Like Us On Facebook|
Building upon their past collaboration to support youth development programs, 4-H and its military partners are now placing special emphasis on the children and youth of National Guard and Reserve Solders.
Working together we can all have a strong impact on military families in our own backyard by:
- Creating community support networks for military youth “in our own backyard” when military parents are deployed.
- Promoting awareness of the public on the impact of the deployment cycle on military, families, kids and the community as a whole.
- Supporting military kids coping with the stress of knowing their deployed parents may be in harms way.
- Collaborating with schools to ensure that staff is attuned to the unique needs of military students.
- Delivering educational, recreational and social programs for military youth living in civilian communities.Becomes a part of the ongoing deployment support services for military children and youth.
- Building community capacity to support geographically dispersed military families and children.